[teacherartexchange] Clay Totems

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2007 - 06:25:48 PDT

I did these a couple years ago, but I don't have any pictures on my home
computer or on my website. I do think I have some at school I can probably
dig up. I took a 1" board, cut into 6" squares, drilled a hole in the center
and put a dowel rod in for the base. I put students in groups of 3-4 and
they had to design hollow spheres that worked together visually. One group
made vegetables with faces that turned out great.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

Don't argue with stupid people.