Re: [teacherartexchange] document camera

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 18:29:33 PDT

Having seen the new digital ELMO in action I would love to have one of them.
I have an older ELMO, which does a fantastic job, and I have been pleased
with it. I don't know exactly what the model #'s are, but the one I have was
over $1500. I had one temporarily for under $1000 and used it exactly 2
times before I traded for the higher quality one. The cheaper one didn't
come with lights and the camera was low, which didn't allow you to write
with a pencil comfortably. The digital ELMO I saw demo-ed was incredible.
The ability to zoom in and the flexible neck of the camera are bonus
features though. Good lighting with the ability to control which lights are
on (and the direction they point), and the height of the camera are the
features that I would look at first, especially if there is budget involved.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

Don't argue with stupid people.