RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: April 17, 2007 art anger tolerance

---------

From: Littlefield, Eliza A (ELITTLEF_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 13:33:02 PDT

I teach a unit in Art I (high school) on endangered species emphasizing
behavior and attitude changes including recycling (not just paper). This
doesn't address your query but we do need to keep the planet as healthy
as possible for the future.... Most students care about animals and I
limit endangered species to animals and not plants because of the
interest and because, of course, I want to hook them into it. I also
once did a unit on racism amongst Latinos. Students worked in groups and
made anti racism posters. It was partially successful. You are right,
though, we do need to address tolerance and violence and mental health
issues.

Liza