[teacherartexchange] CA Visual Arts Standard 4.2

---------

From: Deanna Bowers (dbowers_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 09:16:16 PDT

I was wondering if anyone has material they use for this standard:
Compare the ways in which the meaning of a specific work of art has been
affected over time because of changes in interpretation and context.
Does anyone have a good amount of information, or does any specific
artwork come to mind? This is the only standard I don't really teach
because I haven't really looked for the info. I thought of the Mona Lisa
and Edourd Manet's "The Luncheon on the Grass." Does anyone know where I
can get great info on interpretations of those? Thanks so much, Deanna