Re: [teacherartexchange] Paper Mache and Balloon Sculptures

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 08:42:26 PDT

Hi Donna,

I don't think you saw it on this list a few weeks ago. I made a post
over a year ago about this student art gallery:
http://www.zartart.com.au/html/gallery.html
Zart Art has a students' art gallery which features the art works of
primary and secondary students from around Victoria.
Go to 2005 Term 3

See if this takes you to the project:
http://www.zartart.com.au/html/galhtml/galt305/galt305_2.html

If you do this lesson, please submit images to Incredible Art
Department - no detailed lesson plan is necessary (unless you want to
write one). I will credit the source of the idea (Camberwell Grammar).

My post for December 12, 2005:

I would like to invite you to visit Zart Art Student Art Gallery:
http://www.zartart.com.au/html/gallery.html
Ainsley Burdell sent the link to Art Education list.

There are many good project ideas - browse other terms too.

Here is one idea I found - Organic Sculpture (Term 3 - 2005).
All sculptures began with a paper mache balloon - then were expanded
with cones, cylindars, tubes, etc. They were painted with one color (a
tint) - plus black and white. The results were striking - somewhat
whimsical. I'll see if I can find examples online for the artists the
lesson mentioned as inspiration.
" Debra Helpin, Augustine Dall'Ava , Rose Nolan and Robert Klippel. We
also looked at the organic qualities of nature's own formations, such
sea urchins and sea stars, and the wonderfully whimsical works of
artist Bronwyn Oliver."

Many of the images are accompanied with "how tos" to get you started.
I think this Organic Sculpture lesson is suitable for upper elementary
through high school.

The plaster cast hands (using latex gloves) was a neat idea too (same term).

Judy Decker