[teacherartexchange] gold leafing an oil painting

---------

From: Larry Hewett (lhewett1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2007 - 18:41:29 PDT

I have an oil painting that is approximately one year
old. I want to rework it somewhat by adding gold leaf
to the background. Will it be safe to apply gold leaf
over the oil paint? Will it permanently adhere to it?
 Also I would like to add some texture or raised
surfaces to this gold leafed area. Do you have any
ideas as to what I might use?

Larry Hewett