Re:[teacherartexchange] Art Education 2.0 - Using Technology in Art Classrooms

---------

From: Marta Pinto (marta.martapinto_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2007 - 13:19:21 PDT

Hello Judy,
This is Marta, the Portuguese art teacher who has already joined "Art
Education 2.0".
As you commented on my "arted20" page, the post I published about
"Tape Sculpture" was here I learned about. It has been a surprising
week. Here in Portugal in 5th and 6th grades there are two teachers
giving art class. In the school I work I first showed the two links to
my colleague and she was so surprised and excited that we decided in
5minuts to do the tape sculptures with our students. Then I posted on
my blog (http://linkarte.blogspot.com) the links and the next day
during class I took groups of students to see them, while my colleague
staid in class making one sculpture as example. This very day I
emailed another colleague from school the links to Mark Jenjin's work.
The next day in school two other Art teachers were enthusiastic about
doing the sculptures.
I have begun doing them with my classes. I hope to share some of the
pictures with all here and at "arted20".
As I have said to you before, I have suffered a relevant upgrade as a
art teacher after joining the Getty list. Thank you all:)

Best,
Marta