[teacherartexchange] "My Dear Malevich" - Digital exhibit by Tom Chambers

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2007 - 07:55:42 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Tom Chambers sent me a link to his exhibit of "Pixelscapes" - inspired
by the work of Kasimir Malevich.

You can see a "virtual" installation of the exhibit;
http://www.tomrchambers.com/malevich_exhib_zqu.html
and also the individual works (scroll across to see them all):
http://www.tomrchambers.com/malevich.html
(click images for larger views)

Students might also be interested in the review by art critic J D. Jarvis.

See also The Pixel as Minimal Art:
http://www.tomrchambers.com/pixma.html
along with more Pixelscapes.

Chambers has been teaching digital arts at Zhaoqing University, China.
Links to some of the student exhibits can be found in Jarvis' review.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/