[teacherartexchange] Art Education 2.0 - Using Technology in Art Classrooms

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2007 - 06:59:29 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

This new "community" set up by Dr. Craig Roland may interest you.

Art Education 2.0:
http://arted20.ning.com/

Copied from the web page:

Are Education 2.0 is for art educators at all levels who are
interested in using digital technologies to enhance and transform
teaching and learning in their classrooms. The aim of Art Education
2.0 is to provide a safe and comfortable environment in which its
members can pursue shared artistic and educational goals. Through the
technology tools, forums, projects, and resources offered through Art
Education 2.0, we intend to promote effective art education practices,
encourage cultural exchanges and joint creative work, and support
technology-enhanced projects and activities deemed important by our
members. To join Art Education 2.0, sign up for a free Ning account
and then log into this page. Once you've joined, you can participate
in forums, blogging, photo and video sharing, and RSS. We welcome
newbies as well as experienced technology users.
I found out about this on Dr. Roland's blog:
http://www.artjunction.org/blog/

You might also want to check out Webby Awards:
http://www.webbyawards.com/index.php

Craig has a blurb about them on his blog.

Regards,

Judy Decker