[teacherartexchange] Elementary Photoshop Lesson Idea

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 10:26:47 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Folks ask for Photoshop lesson ideas from time to time.
Here is one that Jennifer B. posted to Art Education list.

From Jennifer:

I did an introductory Photoshop project with my 3rd-6th grade kids. I
took pictures of the kids and they found images of different
interesting landscapes (including Mars!) and used Photoshop to place
themselves in the landscapes, we formatted them like postcards then
wrote brief letters home about their "vacation". They learned to use
some of the basic tools of the program doing this, they had a ton of
fun and was a great way to exercise their imaginations about being in
another place.

Jennifer
Good lesson for including writing in art.

If anyone tries this, send me an image for IAD (be sure to get
permission to share the photo of the student). Send an example of
student writing, too.

Regards,

Judy Decker