[teacherartexchange] Kessler's Dogs - Artsonia policy - Copyright

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 16:50:55 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

The art teacher could have avoided the whole embarrassing incident if
she had read the Terms of Use for Artsonia.

>> Teachers may not submit artwork that depicts or contains
copyrighted materials and/or trademarks including (but not limited to)
company or product logos, copyrighted cartoon characters or other
material that could infringe on the intellectual property rights of
third parties. (Copied from Terms of Use on Artsonia site)

I think everyone can agree the lesson would have been better if the
students painted their own interpretation of an abstract dog - and not
a copy of the Kessler dog with apple on head.

Judy Decker