Re: [teacherartexchange] Lesson plans for observation

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 06:45:35 PDT

It would probably help her to focus on those specific areas that the
principal has told her she is lacking. If the principal sees that she is
trying to improve in those areas (discipline, lesson plans not tieing in to
the school improvement goals, students not on task....).

As for a lesson that always works well for me - I have put up two similar
paintings by two different artists. The students are given a Venn diagram
and they fill out what is unique to each painting and what is similar. I
have also given the students the task of reading a painting, where we start
out by each student naming something that no one else has pointed out. You
can tie in 6-trait writing to the steps in reading a painting, but I have
mixed feelings about this (art should be taught for art's sake, but
sometimes "playing the game" with administration can really help).
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids