Re:[teacherartexchange] graduate assistant

---------

From: julie t. (jatcagirl7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2007 - 12:00:37 PDT

you might have another option to explore...i'm taking a sabbatical
leave next year to begin a doctoral program. my high school district
offers sabbatical leaves at half-pay. this is my second sabbatical--
we can take 'em every 8 years, for reasons of travel, research or
formal study. on my last sabbatical (while working on a masters), i
worked as a grad assistant in addition to the half-salary. half-pay
in southern california might be higher than in other places...i
haven't heard of many high school teachers taking sabbatical leaves,
but it's one of the teaching benefits that i love.

:-) julie t.
southern california

()