Re: [teacherartexchange] graduate assistant and beyond

---------

From: Diane Gregory (dianegregory2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 20:14:44 PDT

Hi Wendy,

I wonder about the state of our universities and art
education too.

Beginning salaries for no experience art teachers are
$39,000 to $44,000 in the Dallas Metroplex. This is
with a BA with art teacher certification.

Starting salaries for PhDs in Art Education in the
North Texas area are about the same.

I guess everyone can draw their own conclusions.
University salaries are not keeping pace with
inflation and states are not giving universities
enough money. It is much worse for the Arts.

Diane