RE:[teacherartexchange] Tape Sculptures + Trashcans

---------

From: Suzette Milam-Morrow (suzmilam_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 19:53:54 PDT

We just finished the tape sculptures. It was a super fun project! I received
a grant from Office Depot to buy the tape. I am teaching High School. We did
an estimation sheet first. Then we did a fact sheet when we finished. The
kids wrote in journals what transpired each day throughout the project. They
brought in their own stuffing materials. Since Easter is here, plastic
basket grass was a very popular stuffing. The sitting figures are holding
shape in the glass display case much better than the standing figure. The
Atlas figure has collapsed under the world. But, it's all good stuff! It
took about 5 rolls per figure.

Trashcan Murals are an every other year project for my Art 2 kids. The soda
eats through the trashcans and they must be replaced every other year.
Acrylic paint works great. Get your basic gallons of house paint in bright
colors. "Safety" Colors are bright @ about 25.00 a gallon. Work in pairs.
Pop Art, Optical Illusions, School Themes, you name it we have a trashcan
mural of it. The only warning I have for you is never let them paint a
Virgin May of Guadalupe on one. You may get in trouble. I was younger and
did not realize the disrespect. It was pointed out to me very quickly.

Happy Art Learning/Teaching Everyone!
Suzette Morrow