Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: April 02, 2007

---------

From: The Maloney-Hawkins Family (mahafamily_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 15:35:53 PDT

Dear Art Educators,
First of all I have so enjoyed being connected in this way. Many of the
suggestions have been very useful. Now if someone could help me out. I am
teaching third and fourth graders and the school wanted to do something
colorful with the outdoor waste baskets. They are purchasing some new heavy
duty (industrial ) black plastic waste baskets.
 I was wondering if acrylic paint would work on this surface. It would have
to be somewhat weatherproof. I had thougth of enamel but because of the age
level I am worried about fumes or toxicity.
 Just wondering if anyone has done this before or if you have any ideas.
 Thank you
Joanne