[teacherartexchange] Sites of interest (Books - Collage - Illustration)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 07:38:52 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Sergio sent me some sites that might be of interest to you. I decided
to put them in one post.

Turning the Pages from the British Library
http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/ttp/ttpbooks.html

View high quality images of great books - including a notebooks from
Leonardo and Blake.
There is also a beautiful Renaissance book of hours. Site uses
Shockwave. You can use "magnifying glass" to zoom in on the page.

Daily Collage - several blog sites (an exercise is art making)
Daily Collage Blog:
http://www.daily-collage.blogspot.com/

Daily Collage Project:
http://dailycollageproject.blogspot.com/

A Collage a Day:
http://acollageaday.blogspot.com/

Illustration - Art of Jan Lewitt and George Him
"A rare 1938 children's book, originally written in Polish but
translated over the years into several languages, Locomotive, The
Turnip and The Birds' Broadcast is a collection of rhymes by Julian
Tuwim."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bredlo/sets/72157600013984249/
"Lewitt and Him were designers and artists working together in the
1930's, and because their artwork reflected equal parts of each of
them, they referred to themselves by the name Lewitt-Him."

Enjoy the surf,

Judy Decker