Re: [teacherartexchange] freelance art lessons

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2006 - 08:55:56 PDT

>Do any of you teach outside of school? What do you charge? I was
>just asked by a parent if I would consider doing that, and some extra
>income would be wonderful (especially with gas prices now... OUCH!)

As a guideline for a professional art educator, you could find out what professional music teachers are charging for private lessons in your community. Parents understand this and are generally willing to pay the same fee without question. If you want to teach several students together, you could adjust the fee, but it should give you more per hour than when you teach individuals.

Marvin
http://www.bartelart.com/arted/ideas.html