[teacherartexchange] help with murals

---------

From: michelle yates (yates682002_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2006 - 06:31:39 PDT

I have tackled getting the middle school and high
school to paint murals on an old pump house at the
outdoor classroom. My hope is that next year we could
add animals to the murals since this group of artists
did not seem to have the confidence to add them to
their scenes about the outdoor classroom. My question
is if I really need to seal the murals if I plan on
adding to them next spring. This pump house is next
to a lake and is exposed to all the elements not to
mention the horrible mud dabbler's nest that took us
forever to scape off and wash down. I would like to
see this last and my kids would like to see it last -
this is the kind of hometown that people really never
leave and generations have lived here. If I need to I
will seal it and not worry about adding to it next
year. Any thoughts?