[teacherartexchange] some questions :)

---------

From: Lisa Robins (lisa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 10:43:51 PDT

Hi everyone,

I am new to the group.

I am going to be volunteering in the local public schools kindergarten
class.

There are no paid art teachers in our local public school.
One day a month there is an all school art project run by parents but not
for the kindergartners.

Starting next September I will be volunteering to teach art in the
kindergarten classroom twice a week and will work with 6-7 kids at a time
for a period of 30 minutes each.

Here are my questions:
Any additional suggestions would be welcome.

I will be buying the supplies myself- any ideas on where to buy good
paper/paint etc. for inexpensive prices?

Any ideas on any places that offer art supply donations to public school
volunteer art efforts?

Any ideas on what I should teach to the kindergartners? Any project ideas
would be most welcome! :)

I have heard of some reproductions of famous artwork that you could buy or
perhaps rent as inspiration for the kids and as an introduction to art
appreciation. Do any of you know what I am referring to and if so where do
you get them and can you rent them? I saw them being used on the East coast
in their Art Goes to School series but do not know the name.

Anyway thanks for any input you may have to offer I really appreciate the
help. I went to school and was trained as an art teacher but that was 20
years ago- so any help you can offer would be awesome!
Thanks!
Lisa