Re: [teacherartexchange] Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2006 - 08:59:40 PDT

OUCH!!!!

I kind of get that, too. I teach in a private school, and a lot of
people assume that just anyone who wants to can get a job teaching at
any private school. (To be honest, I found it more difficult to get a
job in this school than any public school I've ever worked in, but
that's beside the point.)

How did you respond to the HR guy? Just curious. I didn't know how
to respond to the "Those who can... " statement. I was just so
floored that anyone could be that stupid and mean that I couldn't come
back with a witty comment. I think I said something like "Those who
can, SHOULD teach!" but I'm sure he didn't get it.

Becky