[teacherartexchange] portfolio storage

---------

From: Jeryl Hollingsworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 18:02:45 PDT

I agree that if you can get a carpenter or you are lucky and your husband
will work for you its the best to have custom storage. I used money from
my Square 1 profits and got my husband to build a 8 foot long storage
unit. It has laminate on the top so it can be used as extra work
space,fits exactly under my windows, is on rollers so it can be moved to
be more versatile (kids can stand on both sides to work plus the janitors
love to be able to move it to clean the floors) and has 8 shelf openings
underneath so I can store 8 classes of work. I think the openings are
something like 2 feet wide by 36 deep. He also built a large wooden box
(also on rollers) that I have folders made from tagboard that stand up to
keep my large prints in. I have folders for each artist and they are filed
of course in alphabetical order. He made that to roll right up under one
of my tables at the front of the room so I can pull out prints quickly
while I'm teaching. It really is good to be able to look at your space and
custom build things to fit in each area. Any wonder why I have declined to
move to the wonderful new elementary school being built in our district
next year?
               Jeryl In SC