Re: [teacherartexchange] Our Off-Campus Spring Art Show

---------

sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Apr 23 2006 - 17:29:31 PDT

ARTNSOUL12@aol.com wrote:

>Looks great, Sharon! What I miss as an elementary school art teacher: kids
>capable of displaying (helping you display) work in a professional way!
>Thanks for sharing.
>Susan on Long Island

It was a lot of fun hanging out with these kids today. Each year I try
to get at least one student who's helped to set up the exhibit before,
and a couple of (returning) students who haven't. That way, I'll always
have a "veteran" with me while we break in the newbies. :-)

Of the group that helped today, only one is a senior and the other three
have shown phenomenal growth this year. I worked in an elementary
school for seven years and always thought I'd prefer to teach at the
elementary level, but now that I've been at a middle school/high school
for seven years, I'm totally hooked.

We went out for lunch after setting up (how nice--the school paid for it
this year!) and that was fun, too.

Our exhibit was significantly smaller this year--we've lost a ton of
kids, including 3 of my strongest advanced art students....sigh...--but
I'm very pleased with what the rest of my students were able to produce.

--
Sharon
www.art-rageous.net