Re: [teacherartexchange] Value and texture

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2006 - 13:12:55 PDT

Hi Stacie,
    I used the colored assortment of soft round chalks that come in a box of
144 (not sure of the number, though.) I think Crayola and Prang make them
still. They were what I could afford. I broke them into thirds so they
would go further. I also ordered smaller boxes of soft (white) drawing
chalk, not the hard board chalk. I also got cotton balls for the blending of
the chalk.
    Yes, we basically used three shades for the cookie, white, yellow,
brown--and black to make the brown darker.
    Speaking of chalk, if you can order a set of the large mural chalk
sticks, their shavings make a very nice "faux" marbling technique that the
kids can use for hand made book covers. If your kids are like mine were,
they could play all day in a pan of water!

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
            Art teacher, K-5, retired