Re: [teacherartexchange] Wacom Tablet & Software

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2006 - 10:53:20 PDT

Michael,
Wacom's greatest strength is its pressure sensitivity. To get full use of
this, use a program such as Corel Painter (or Painter Essentials). Such
natural media painting software programs have media such as chalk, oil
paints, watercolors, color pencils, etc. Press down harder with the Wacom's
pen and you get a thicker paint stroke or darker pencil mark. Using a Wacom
tablet is the only way to go in order to fully appreciate such software
programs. When you use programs such as Photoshop Elements, you will
appreciate the more precise selection capabilities - a mouse will seem like
a brick after using the tablet for a while. If you have more then one
computer, you will likely have to have the kids take turns using the tablet.
It takes a bit getting used to (at first users will want to pick up and move
the pen several times to get to the desired spot instead of directly going
there) but they will come to covet it. You will need to install the tablet
software on all the computers as well.
Enjoy!

Melissa