Re: [teacherartexchange] Student Teacher

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2006 - 09:41:25 PDT

Don't relinquish total control to a student teacher the first week. You'll
be setting him/her up for failure. Most programs have the st follow you
around for a week or two to observe, then you will have them begin to teach
one or two classes, adding more until they are teaching a full schedule,
and then easing you back in to full control. The college should have
something to let you know their expectations.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids