Re: [teacherartexchange] my latest brilliant idea

---------

From: Lucinda Shinn (lshinn38_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2006 - 06:42:40 PDT

I have high school students. They go around the town
taking pictures of the older houses. Since most are
owned by elderly people that can't do much outside, we
use photoshop to clean up the yard, we added shrubs to
one house, and turned a dog into a tree.(Just to show
the students how to do it)
   I am now hoping to get the sponsors of community
service clubs in our school interested in helping the
elderly and poor in our little town instead of taking
students to Oklahoma City. As one man said," I wish
you could do that do the actual house."
  I have also talked to the history department about
having students talk to the elderly and hopefully we
can find a digital cam recorder to tape the interview.
  The English department can use the same information
for a written report and help the students research
something that they cannot copy off the web.
  We have just a couple of weeks of school left, and
it is taken up with tests, field trips and whatever.
So this is a plan for next year.
  Please pick it apart. What do you see as the
problems? I have until the first week in August to
have this plan on paper and presented to the
administration. Any ideas on how to present to
teachers so they will go for it. How do I ensure the
safety of my students. The town where the little girl
was killed by her neighbor is not far from us.
 Sorry it's so long. Lucinda