Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] I'm an ART Teacher, not an English teacher

From: berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 07:30:12 PDT

To all who reply to disciplinary weaknesses with "I was taught the
"sandwich method" of "critizing"
(excuse the spelling, I am an ART teacher, not a english teacher)",
please remember that English teachers, principals, etc. may
automatically respond the same way about art. You'll find it difficult
to change perceptions with this approach ;-)

No criticism intended to any specific individuals. I myself often am
tempted to hide my faults and weaknesses (which are MANY!) behind the
"I'm an Art Teacher" mentality.

Respectfully submitted,
BJ Berquist
Art Teacher, Loysville YDC