Re: [teacherartexchange] my latest brilliant idea

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 11:53:37 PDT

Hi Lucinda,
    I did "house portraits" every year with my elementary students. We
studied the various styles, such as Federal, Queen Anne, Italianate, Second
Empire, Prairie, etc. I had two puzzle sets, which are probably out of print
by now, called "Good Old Houses" and "Main Street." The primary level
students enjoyed playing with these. I think there is a coloring book you
can still find that has the different styles and their histories. Try Dover
publications. There is a book I got at Falling Water that gives a lot of
architecture lesson ideas related to Frank Lloyd Wright. Have fun!

                        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                        Art teacher, K-5, retired

PS If anyone has recommendations of "must sees" in the Daytona Beach, FL
area, please write to me off-list, s'il vous plaît.