Re: [teacherartexchange] thoughtless principals

---------

From: Diane Davis (dianemdavis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 07:44:58 PDT

Just thought I'd mention that when you make a spelling mistake(or
anything else), or might make one, and blame it on being an art teacher
instead of..........anything else, you are perpetuating the notion that
art teachers aren't as good as whoever you are alluding to.
It's much better just to say, excuse the spelling. This is the type of
thing that fuels these notions about art being less than other
subjects. Simple things like this that they don't even notice, gets
into their psyche and stays.
diane