[teacherartexchange] thoughtless principals

---------

From: JLC (jeanette_10_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 07:32:49 PDT

I just got finished reading some of your comments
regarding principals (and others) making thoughless
comments to art teachers/students.
I am amazed at how many people just dont "get art" and
thoughtlessly put down art and the artists.
I would think that for all the "education" these
principals have, they would KNOW better than to do
this.
I was taught the "sandwich method" of "critizing"
(excuse the spelling, I am an ART teacher, not a
english teacher)
This method is when you give two compliments, ONE
critizism then two more compliments to the student.
That way, they get praise for what they are doing
well, and at the same time know what they need to
improve their work.
I bid good luck to all of you in this situation,
teaching is hard enough these days without having an
idiot for a boss!
www.lochertheartist1.bravehost.com