Re: [teacherartexchange] Picture clips? Need help

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 12:15:44 PDT

If he is really handy he could cut the glass to the size of the mat and
then make 1"x1" wood pieces around 5 " long and grove one side 1/4-1/2"
deep so that it clips onto the glass and mat. You could use 2, one top
and one bottom and then wire them together on the back side.--paint them
black.

>>> apeshet@sbcglobal.net 4/19/2006 7:42 pm >>>
Hi,
A photographer friend has been given an opportunity to show his
photographs in a local coffee house. He wants to do minimal framing,
both in terms of aesthetics and cost. I suggested the "glass over
masonite held together with clips" sort of framing. I know they sell
kits for it, but he wants to buy the clips and cut his own glass and
masonite as his pictures are large and of various unique sizes.

He and I have looked all over the web for just the clips (Nasco, Dick
Blick, University Art, etc.) Does anyone know of a source for these
clips in bulk? He's on a deadline of May 1st for the reception and
opening!

Thanks in advance!
-Alix

Come to The Dark Side....we have cookies!!!!!!!