[teacherartexchange] tech rumblings on the list

---------

From: Jon Satrom (jsatrom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 07:51:45 PDT

Hi...

There have been a few messages recently regarding technology and I
thought this might be of interest. I tried to send a message a while
back (re:Copy Right) and I don't think it went through. I apologize if
this is a remixed re-post...

I recently developed a course for Marwen in Chicago and taught a session
at NAEA that touched on copyright and open source software. I believe
the open source movement can liberate technology in the classroom. So
many of us are faced with the fact that the great software packages that
we want to teach/utilize cost hundreds of dollars per license. Many free
and open source projects have matured into robust and reliable
alternatives to common applications. (e.g. http://openoffice.org)

The notes are online at:
http://jonsatrom.com/edu/OpenOptions/

Best,