Re: [teacherartexchange] How do you teach a principal?

---------

From: Barb Felsecker (felsecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 20:23:02 PDT

I keep my door closed AND locked for most of the school year (only exception
is when it gets unbearably hot and we need some air flow) for many reasons.
First, I feel my students and I are less likely to be interrupted by stray
students from other classes that wander off from classes they are supposed
to be attending and want to "drop in" to socialize with my group (which does
happen occasionally). Also, I can be the one to answer the knock at my own
speed...if I'm in the middle of an explanation or presentation, I can
determine at what point I can pause to go to the door. I guess the most
important reason is that I feel that we are all safer if the door IS locked
in case of an emergency (lock-down).