[teacherartexchange] Bookmarking in the classroom

---------

From: Silvia Filippini (silviaff20_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 18:26:20 PDT

Dear teachers,

I am a PhD student at Sorbonne University in France
and currently working as an intern in the Web
department at the Getty.

I am doing a research about the "Getty Bookmarks"
online functionality (http://www.getty.edu/mygetty/)
and the ways it could be improved for educators.
Whether you are familiar with the system or not, I
would like to ask you a few questions about it. Your
answers will help the Getty improve the system in a
way that could better serve the needs of teachers.

FYI: "Getty Bookmarks" is an online application that
allows visitors to save objects from the online
collection on a personal page of the Getty Web site
for easy access anytime (from home, from work, from
school).

If you are familiar with "Getty Bookmarks" answers to
the following questions will help my study:

? How did you find out about"Getty Bookmarks"?
? What do you use "Getty Bookmarks" for?
? Have you encountered any difficulties while using
"Getty Bookmarks"? If yes, which ones?
? How do you think we could improve the existing
application to better serve your needs (e.g. allowing
people to create multiple collections, annotating
artworks, publishing personal collections for view by
third parties, etc.)?

If you are NOT familiar with "Getty Bookmarks", could
you please have a look at it online
(http://www.getty.edu/mygetty/) and answer the
following questions?

? Is this something you could imagine yourself using
to prepare for or to follow up on a field trip to a
museum with your classroom?
? What would you use the bookmarking system for?
? How do you think we could improve it to better serve
your needs (e.g., allowing people to create multiple
collections, annotating artworks, publish personal
collections for view by third parties, etc.)?

Thank you in advance for your interest. I'm looking
forward to hearing from you with feedback concerning
"Getty Bookmarks".

Best Regards,

Silvia Filippini Fantoni