Re: [teacherartexchange] How do you teach a principal?

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 17:17:48 PDT

I had a principal who thought it would be "funny" to poke his finger in a
student's clay project. I went in his office and told him that the student
had worked very hard to get her project to that point and that he had put
her a day behind the other students due to his actions. I was furious but
managed to maintain a professional attitude. My principal was a former music
teacher, but it was obvious he felt the visual arts were just not that
important. That is when I started keeping my door locked, closing it when
class began. It was a pain at first, but I have maintained that practice for
the past two years. Oh, and that "funny" principal - well, he ticked off
several people and was fired at the end of the year. :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids