Re: [teacherartexchange] How do you teach a principal?

---------

From: croberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 08:04:52 PDT

This is a sticky situation, to say the least. But during my first year
teaching middle school art, my principal did something very similar making a
remark about the poor quality of the lesson I had done...and it hurt my
feelings. Thank goodness he didn't say it in front of the students.

I thought about it...and I finally went to him and asked him if I could talk
to him. He could tell I was upset...and I told him that what he had said
really hurt my feelings and that not all students could perform as high as
others. The lesson I had used was one that was used by all the middle
school art teachers in our county.

He apologized profusely and told me that the remark just "came off the top
of his head" without any thought. And after that, I was able to express my
feelings to him at any time about anything. It was the beginning of a great
teacher/principal relationship and we both always respected each other and
each other's opinions.
Carolyn