Re: [teacherartexchange] Incas and sun worship

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 08:20:36 PDT

Hi Jayna,

I posted a site a while back that shows the sun in art... Can't seem
to find the site now, but am looking.

I did run across this image:
http://www.thewalters.org/html/collec_detail.asp?ID=39
Lyre Clock -- French, Sèvres -- 18th century
Scroll to the clock with sun image... nice comparison/contrast to the
Inca gold suns.
http://www.ddbstock.com/incagold.html

Well....after many different word searches, I did find the site, it is
a ThinkQuest site (students created):
See the Sun's Influence on Culture:
http://library.thinkquest.org/15215/Culture/index.html

They do not have a section for the Inca - so you will have to do your
own research.
They do list the Inca Sun Gods

Inca:
Inti
Punchau
http://library.thinkquest.org/15215/Culture/gods_list.html
Site is "The Sun: Man's Friend or Foe" Student created (1998):
http://library.thinkquest.org/15215/index_2.html

I guess I never linked the site because the font is a little difficult to read?
They do show some images of the sun in art - however, I would look up
higher quality images to show your students. I remembered the site as
having more images than the do.

The site with the best Inca art is no longer on line. They had some
wonderful gold art shown as well as pottery.

Regards,

Judy Decker