Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Educator Priced Software

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 06:26:18 PDT

Retired teachers might like to know: I just purchased MS Office for
the Mac (Teacher/Student Edition)
for my new computer. It is really the full version, just cheaper.
Microsoft said I did not need evidence
that I was a teacher or need to prove that I had an earlier edition
of the software. I bought the software
direct from Microsoft. I'm not sure if other vendors of various
software still require proof of employment
for educator pricing, but it's worth checking about. I can remember
needing to fax a letter from my
school and a copy of my pay stub to vendors when I was teaching. So,
check before you buy software.
Is there a teachers edition ? Is it the same version as the regular
edition ? Do you need to supply proof of
employment ? I can't get tax deductions for all my toys anymore, but
I still don't want to pay full prices

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703