[teacherartexchange] Dysgraphia

---------

From: Jenny Watlington (pritchard1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2006 - 12:56:40 PDT

Does anyone at the high school level have advice for working with a student
with dysrgraphia? I have a special ed dept who would like a 10th grader
with this conditon to be in my class. He is extremely bright but his
handwriting is really chicken scratch. They asked if he could do adaptive
related work on the computer.

    I would like to have him if I can figure out how to make it work.

    Has anyone used a tablet and a paint program to to do anything related
to shading or for painting alternatives or perspective drawing? If so I
would need to put in a request for assitive technology soon.

Peter Pritchard