[teacherartexchange] Relief Printing with Styrofoam Sheets

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2006 - 12:03:59 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Arlene Martin sent me some images for her lesson plan:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Arlene-relief.htm

She uses water base inks - so I am guessing that the print is hand
colored with colored pencils as paints would smear the ink.

Sue Stevens was asking for ideas for Styrofoam sheets a short time
ago. I forgot about this lesson. It looks like this print used the
kind of board Sue was talking about (made with tiny beads). It might
be the pink Dow sheets, though - I cant tell from the image.
Anyways... it might be something to experiment with. The plates could
always be recycled later into sculptures.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/