Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Relief Printing with Styrofoam Sheets

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2006 - 12:03:59 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Arlene Martin sent me some images for her lesson plan:

She uses water base inks - so I am guessing that the print is hand
colored with colored pencils as paints would smear the ink.

Sue Stevens was asking for ideas for Styrofoam sheets a short time
ago. I forgot about this lesson. It looks like this print used the
kind of board Sue was talking about (made with tiny beads). It might
be the pink Dow sheets, though - I cant tell from the image.
Anyways... it might be something to experiment with. The plates could
always be recycled later into sculptures.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to