[teacherartexchange] Horse sculptures of interest - clay and cast bronze

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 11:58:10 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I am still working on my lesson page for horse (animal) sculptures....
Kathy O. sent me the links below for consideration.

From Kathy O:

Here are 2 equine artists you might want to look at. I saw their work
at the Equine Affaire in Los Angeles in February.

Denise Banda
http://www.equineartguild.com/~equinevision/fall2002-3.html
Denise sculpts small, simple clay horses about 4" high and smaller. They could
easily be made by upper elementary students. They look a bit like a Native
American fetish.

(Note from Judy: Denise has a web site but does not allow the link to
be posted. You can easily find it in Google - enter her name. I have
made slab animals like this with students as young as third grade. The
first year I made them was 1986 - long before Denise was making her
horses. The technique can not be copyrighted).

Deanna Cummins http://www.wesculpture.com
Deanna is a 17 year old who makes beautiful realistic bronze horses,
on the order of Remington. I talked with her and she is an amazing
young artist.
Deanna has a the processes on her site:
http://www.wesculpture.com/theprosses1.htm

I have sent a request for permission to link on Incredible Art Department.

For more Contemporay Equestrian Art - check out:
http://www.equineartguild.com/index.shtml

You might like Angela Hook wire sculpture:
http://www.equineartguild.com/angelahook/

See Elizabeth Berrien - wire sculpture
http://www.equineartguild.com/wirelady/
Elizabeth is also linked on IAD.