[teacherartexchange] photog curriculum

---------

From: Joe Applebaum (joe.applebaum_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 09:44:11 PDT

First, Maggie, e-mail me and I will send you syllabi and a whole bunch of
handouts if you want. Tell me about your school and how many students,
enlargers, periods, and time. I have 6 classes a day, 40 min. periods.
Next year we will have 7 photo I, 5 photo II and an AP yearlong photo class.

I fully agree with Patty. There is nothing that captures kids imaginations
as working in the darkroom. I will keep teaching wet for as long as
possible. I feel that we get our kids to love the media, they can go to
college and learn to use digital. There is no question that for
photojournalism and many commercial aspects that digital is the way to go,
but if the kids go to college having learned in the wet process, they will
want to go on to digital. So many of my kids have gone on to study photo,
who I believe wouldn't have the same love for it if we did digital the whole
time.

Another great place to get paper is "Universal Photo Supplies, Inc."
<sales@unidiscountfilm.com> ask for Sharon, she is incredibly helpful.

Joe Applebaum
Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School
6380 Mill Road
Broadview Heights, OH 44147

Tele: (440)740-4781
e.mail: Joe.Applebaum@lnoca.org