Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Creating Units

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 16:34:39 PDT

Greetings Kathryn.

Glad to see you were able to post (smile).

My interpretation is the same as Ann's.

If you look at the majority of lessons on Incredible Art Department,
you will see that there is a UNIT listed first - then the lesson for
that unit. Many lessons fall into more than one unit. For instance, I
have listed UNIT: Ceramics - African art for one of my lessons....
with the lesson being Ceramic press molded boxes with texture.

I don't have many of my lessons broken down into days... If you need
help doing that on any one lesson on Incredible Art Department, I can
help with that. The first day lesson is usually taken up by an
introduction to terms and visuals with some planning/brainstorming of
ideas toward the end. The second day is demonstration of
media/techniques with student planning. Third day on is all student
work (with any needed review of technique/processes). This is for
middle school. Usually, I added a day for Internet research/Internet
lesson too (most often during the first week of the project and after
the students have already begun working). Internet lessons brought in
Standard 6 (tying in comprehensive arts and integrating core
subjects). Many of my lessons were interdisciplinary with social

Incredible Art Department:

Judy Decker

Kathryn wrote:

> > Where does one begin in creating "units"?!
> >
> > Kathryn

To unsubscribe go to