Re: [teacherartexchange] how many preps

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 16:29:04 PDT

Hi Chris - that was me with the comment about elementary teachers getting
more prep time. However, that only applies to classroom teachers, NOT the
"specials". We, are afterall, the reason they get so many preps! However, my
negotiated agreement is the same as for "core" teachers. I don't know the
laws, rules, etc for other states, but as far as teaching requirements in my
district we are all alloted the same amount of duties, prep, etc. for all
K-12 staff.

As for classes getting off track, I have had that happen in the past. There
is no easy solution - do what works for you. Keep notes for yourself so you
know what each class is doing.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids