Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Critique Files on Incredible Art Department

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 09:31:46 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Jeannie Sandoval sent me some files she uses for critique - you can
edit them to match your projects.

Here is an individual critique:

Here is a Round Robin Critique (student evaluate two classmates' work
first then their own).
Jeannie had lines for writing. You can add those back.... lines go on
forever when changed to html.

Here are some additional links:
Questions to ask - from Craig Roland:

Creative Strategies to Teach Art Criticism:

Art Criticism - Elementary - by Betsy Larson:

Art Criticism for Elementary:
I got this from Teachervision - when my link was broken for this
lesson, I took the liberty of putting it online (so far, no one has

Some additional sources (check out link to Marvin Bartel's site)

Entering Art Criticism in IAD Google search brings up many more
hits... I just listed a few here.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources