RE:[teacherartexchange] Copyright Issue - Fair Use Article

---------

From: Jon Satrom (jsatrom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 08:24:40 PDT

Hi All...
I have been lurking for a bit...

Thanks for the resource Harold...
Copyright and fair use can be a muddy/murky/blurry area.

I believe the issue is extremely urgent and pertinent to artists and
teachers because we [or at least our students] deal with the
mixing/mashing of sources, authors, and references everyday.

I am currently reading:
Free Culture by Lawrence Lessig
How Big Media Uses Technology and the Law to Lock Down Culture and
Control Creativity http://www.free-culture.cc/

...and would recommend it to anyone who is following copyright/copyleft.

Lastly, I taught a course at Marwen for NAEA that touched on copyright
and open source software.
The notes are online at:
http://jonsatrom.com/edu/OpenOptions/

Best,