Re: [teacherartexchange] photog curriculum

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 05:18:18 PDT

>You guys that teach photography, are you using a textbook or website? Could you please share it? I would be teaching a semester course and would love to see the layout of 12-15 weeks.
Beth

These two web pages have assignments and links. They are college level, but many of the same ideas could be used or adapted for high school.
http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/PContnt.htm
http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/assigns.html

If I were starting a new course, I would put the investment into software, computers, scanners, and a good printer rather than enlargers and chemistry. Silver based photography will continue as as an art form (like lithography using stones). There are no longer any compelling technical, economic, or ecological reasons to use chemicals and silver.

Having said this, if any of you wish you had more enlargers and darkroom stuff, you might want to publicize your need. Former darkroom photographers who have gone digital are donating their enlargers to schools as a tax deduction.

Marvin

Dr. Marvin Bartel, Ed.D., Professor of Art Emeritus
studio phone: 574-533-0171??
http://www.bartelart.com