Re: [teacherartexchange] how many preps

---------

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 04:51:09 PDT

Ok, since we're talking about preps.... I have a
question. I teach elementary art 1st - 5th grade - 29
classes a week at three schools. At the start of the
year, each grade level worked on the same project - by
Wednesday I did't even have to look at my planner - I
knew what each class was doing.

However, somewhere along the line, things got out of
wack. I ran into problems like a noisy class that got
behind or early dismissals and school holidays not to
mention the supply differences between the schools.
So, I now practically have to plan for each class
individually - and it's making me a little bit crazy.

Has anyone else dealt with this problem and if so,
what is the solution????

Thanks

chris massingill
in Central Arkansas

PS. someone, maybe the first poster, mentioned that
elementary teachers get more planning time, but I only
get 40 minutes before or after school - none during
the day - is that different from what other teachers
are getting?