Re: [teacherartexchange] how many preps

---------

From: gail kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 21:41:29 PDT

Beth,
I do think art is different by nature. We are expected to know all about
everything art. In my 12 years at the same high school, I have never had
less than 5 preps and most years recently have had 7 preps. I feel some
days like I am spinning in circles - talk about multi-tasking. I get
tickled when I am in the copy room and overhear a "core" teacher talk about
how hard their year is with 2 or 3 preps.
Just the nature of the field but, I wouldn't do anything else. I can't
imagine sitting in a classroom year in and year out teaching the same thing
over and over.
Best wishes and hang in there.
Nancy in North Texas